Initial Effective Date: 5-Jun-2019
Last Updated Date: 16-Feb-2021
Welcome to BlockerX mobile app of Atmana Inc. (hereinafter referred to as “BlockerX”, or “We”, or “Us” or “Our”).
BlockerX (“SOFTWARE PRODUCT”) is owned and managed by Atmana Inc., a corporation, incorporated and existing under the laws of USA and having its registered office at 2261 Market Street #4453, San Francisco, CA 94114.
Information we collect and how we use it
- Information you provide upon signup: When you sign up for or modify a BlockerX account, you provide us with personal information about yourself and the people that you list on your account. This information includes names, email IDs, and passwords created for BlockerX, settings for our services, and billing information. We use this information to maintain your account and deliver services to people listed on the account.
- Information passively gathered while using our Service: When you use the BlockerX app, some information on your account will be stored in our servers. We use this information to deliver the functionality of the app and to learn how people use our app so that we can improve them.
- Information passively provided by other vendors: We may use other vendors, including Google Play services, Firebase, Amplitude etc. which collect information about your use of our apps and allow us to carry out analytics in order to improve the product.
- One-on-one communications: We may keep records of our communications with you that involve customer support and sales. We use this information to follow up on issues with customers, determine the frequency and severity of technical issues, improve our sales, and for training employees. Unless you specifically request to be added to a mailing list, you will not be added to any marketing communications as a result of these personal requests.
- Password protection: One of our core services is password protection, which requires that an ally (also known as ‘accountability partner’) be shared an access code. In order to provide this feature, we collect the email ID of your accountability partner.
When do we share information?
We share information with others only when we must in order to deliver our services to you or when legally compelled to do so. These are the scenarios in which we share private information.
- BlockerX users specify other people who will serve as their allies (also known as ‘accountability partners’). Each ally is thus granted permission to receive reports of a user’s device activity. We provide these reports via email.
- Parents / guardians may receive portions of a user’s device activity via email.
- We may share information with strategic partners that work with BlockerX only to improve your experience with our products, services, and advertising. This information may include limited information only for the sake of research and analytics.
- We may share information about metadata concerning multiple users’ aggregated usage statistics; for instance, we may say something like “The average no. of blocked windows per month across all our users is ‘x’ [that is, some specific number].”
- We will disclose information when required by the order of a court with proper authority.
We do not communicate with nor sell products or services to children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children or sell any products to children. We take children’s privacy seriously and encourage the legal guardians of children to play an active role in their children’s online experience at all times. BlockerX provides you, as a legal guardian of a child or children under the age of 18, with the ability to use our services to protect from adult/unwanted content. Our Service allows parents to enable the services of BlockerX on mobile devices belonging to their children. The Service is intended to be used by children under 18 only with significant parental involvement and approval. If you believe that we might have inadvertently collected information from a child under 18 without parental consent, please contact us at [email protected].
Links to other websites and services
Changes to this policy